To our amazing community and customers -
2017 was a phenomenal year for Society Nine, and it was all thanks to you.
When we launched on Kickstarter in 2015, we had a big vision for Society Nine (we still do!)
But we couldn’t have possibly read a crystal ball and predicted what we’d accomplish.
As a very small team navigating through hurdles and opportunities, you never know sometimes how you’ll find solutions to problems - after all, they are often new problems with no answers. Additionally, with new opportunities, you never know the effects of the decisions you make - you just need to go for it.
We have learned through a lot of challenges, as well as those exciting opportunities - and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being a continued part of the journey.
Because of you, we’ve been able to achieve a lot of huge milestones.
Here are some of those milestones:
- With the growth of our community, we have been able to support and donate to great organizations such as Haymakers for Hope, She Fights Foundation, Youth Boxing for a Change, The Second Step and Warrior Sisters.
- We were invited to be the only women’s boxing brand featured at the Boxing Fan Expo in Las Vegas.
- We hosted sold out women’s self defense seminars in great communities like Equinox Dartmouth in Boston and BoxUnion in Santa Monica.
- We were featured on an episode of HBO's Room 104, focusing on two female fighters including our brand ambassadors Natalie Pagliughi and Keta Meggett!
- Amazing publications like Forbes continued to feature us and share our mission, including listing Society Nine Founder Lynn Le on the Forbes 30 under 30 Class of 2018 for Retail/E-Commerce.
- We partnered with other phenomenal brands with great communities like American Giant and Microsoft to do some fun campaigns.
- Badass female influencers like Iliza Shlesinger and top 10 UFC strawweight fighter Michelle Waterson rocked Society Nine.
- Our community of 70+ Brand Ambassadors all around the world have continued to empower other women in their local communities to unleash the fight within them
- Society Nine gear is sold coast to coast, from NYC and Boston to LA, as well as Vancouver BC. We are so grateful that our resellers believe in our product, our mission and have served as our ambassadors to the communities they serve.
This is only a scratch of the surface, which is why we are so pumped for 2018!
From new product lines, including an expansion into other training gear (you guys asked for head gear, shin guards, focus mitts… you’ll be getting them!!) as well as a completely new look and expansion of our apparel line (ladies, that includes boxing trunks AND Muay Thai shorts that are functional for competition and the gym, and actually beautiful enough to wear and use again post-competition or even on a casual weekend day).
As we pull the curtain on 2017, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being a part of all of this - as our customers, our followers, our believers.
Onwards to a bigger, brighter new year!
Team Society Nine